PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. The PopSockets San Francisco is office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
The Art Director at PopSockets will be part of our CMF (Color Material Finish) Design team and be responsible for creating fun, beautiful and on-point graphics that will help our consumers express their unique styles. You will participate in design trend and market research to understand the wants, needs of our consumers and opportunities for innovation in a project. You possess an exceptional ability to transform concepts into engaging graphics and are self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Participate in our seasonal strategy development and lead research for graphic trends and market research to understand the wants, needs of our consumers.
- Responsible for creating collection concepts in response to merchandising plan and seasonal strategy.
- Lead the graphic creation effort, and along with the Jr. Graphic Artist, also produce a wide range of graphics that are on-trend, yet unique.
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Create and present design concepts and rationale to buyers and to train Sales on trends and new designs.
- Generate specification documents for our vendors to execute our designs.
- Collaborate with production & manufacturing teams to execute your vision.
- Contribute to our approved material, color, and graphics library.
- Assist Marketing in art directing assets for new collections and trade shows.
- Be able to manage multiple programs under the direction of Design Director and VP of Creative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent.
- Have experience with designing graphics for consumer goods (cosmetic, apparel, accessories, etc.).
- Understanding of various printing processes.
- Strong eye for color accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- The willingness to work to tight deadlines in high pressured environments without compromising on work quality.
- Strong skills with design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work that are a wide range of styles.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%.
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Art Director - Your Name”