PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. The PopSockets San Francisco is office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A CMF Designer at PopSockets will build out an aesthetic vision for our Design team to follow. The individual is responsible for trend forecasting, creating cohesive collection stories, and working with our vendors to make those ideas reality. You’ll work closely with our Product Management team to coordinate strategic roll outs of new designs and to identify future trends. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Forecast trends and build cohesive seasonal collections with supporting evidence
- Build compelling presentations to communicate your ideas
- Coordinate with Product Management on go-to-market strategies, end-of-life strategies, and channel management
- Collaborate with ID/ME teams to execute your vision
- Contribute to our approved material, color, and graphics library
- Generate specification documents for our vendors to execute our designs
- Create and source illustrations and patterns for our products
- Assist Marketing in art directing assets for new collections and trade shows
- Work with our Operations team to develop new sources for materials and decoration techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or equivalent
- 2+ years of CMF experience, preferably with experience in consumer electronics, fashion, or accessories
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, Keyshot is a plus
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to present to buyers and to train Sales on trends and new designs
- Strong eye for color accuracy
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “CMF Designer - Your Name”.