Packaging Design Manager
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
A Packaging Design Manager at Popsockets will design and develop structural designs for all our new products, while always looking for opportunities to improve existing lines from a cost, quality, and experience perspective. The individual will coordinate with the ID team and Marketing to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage the full life cycle of the packaging development process pertaining to our licensed and proprietary brands from creative development through project execution
- Manage all aspects of the packaging development process for new products and for core line revisions
- Manage packaging quality issues from initial investigation to implementing final solution
- Manage aesthetic look and feel of all packaging and display programs through structural and graphic development
- Manage direct vendor relationships and cross-functional team processes for approvals and sign-off of proofs
- Collaborate with both internal and external teams and provide recommendations on materials & design consideration based on branding, marketing, supply chain and custom requirements
- Develop structural designs that improve our customer experience while elevating the value of our products and brand
- Create dielines for 2D elements and CAD for molded or formed 3D elements
- Produce prototypes for internal reviews and sales meetings
- Collaborate with our graphic designers in Marketing to create one coherent solution
- Coordinate with vendors for samples
- Provide on-press support when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of experience with structural designs, ideally high-volume and in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) and Adobe CS
- Proficiency with packaging design software (ArtiosCAD preferred)
- Familiarity with packaging materials and test requirements
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of time
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Packaging Design Manager - Your Name”.