PopSockets’ General Competition and Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Promoter: PopSockets EMEA Oy a limited liability company incorporated and existing under the laws of Finland, business ID: FI28385766, address: Kalevantie 2 33100 Tampere Finland.
General terms and conditions
These general terms and condition will govern competitions and prize draws executed by PopSockets at Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channels managed and owned by PopSockets.
This Competition or Prize Draw (hereinafter the "Promotion") will be governed, in addition to the general terms and conditions, by the specific terms and conditions detailed below:
Eligibility requirements: Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom."]
Entry time: [The Promotion commences at 10:00 am UK time on 10/07/2019 and finishes at 23:00 UK time on 17/07/2019.
Entry requirements: In order to enter the Promotion, you must follow the @popsocketsuk_ Instagram page and tag three users in the comment section below the promotion post.
Maximum number of entries: There is a maximum of one participation is per entrant, during the entire entry time.
Prize : The prize to be won is a PopGrip for each winner; (value of the individual prize: 16.99£ VAT incl.]). There are five prize(s) to win for all participants in the United Kingdom.
Criteria by which the winner will be chosen: A draw (random selection) among eligible participants.
Date on which the winner will be notified: Monday the 22nd of July 2019.
If you are the winner of a competition or prize draw, the Promoter will publish your social media handle and county on https://www.facebook.com/popsocketsuk/ and https://www.instagram.com/popsocketsuk_/ unless you notify the Promoter to say you do not want the Promoter to do this. If you do not want your social media handle and county to be published then you must notify us on or before 19/06/2019. You can notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following general terms and conditions apply to all competitions and prize draws (each a “Promotion”) promoted by the Promoter. By taking part in the competition or prize draw, you accept to be bound by the general terms and conditions and the specific terms and conditions detailed above (together the "Terms and Conditions"). If you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions, you should not take part in the competition or prize draw.
- Entrants must meet the Eligibility requirements specified in the specific terms and conditions above. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Employees of the Promoter or other third parties associated with the Promotion, along with their families, are excluded from taking part.
- The opening and closing date and time for entries is as indicated in the specific terms and conditions. Any entries received before or after these times will not be accepted.
- In order to enter the Promotion entrants must fulfill the requirements detailed in the specific terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion.
- Entries must not be sent in through agents, third parties or on behalf of another person. Such entries are void. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
- Any entries which are above the maximum number of entries for each method of entry as specified in the specific terms and conditions or which are incomplete, without all the required information, inaudible, incomprehensible, made or received after the deadline for receiving entries has passed or which are not received by the Promoter or are not otherwise in accordance with the Terms and Conditions are invalid and will be discounted.
- The prize is as specified in the specific terms and conditions. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, only one prize per entrant is permissible.
- The prize will be made available or sent to the winners within 30 days as from the announcement of the winner(s) name(s). Receipt of the prize is subject to winner confirmation, i.e. the Promoter has managed to contact the winner, based on the information the winner provided when entering in the Promotion, and received confirmation of eligibility.
- The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize as stated in article 3.1 and in the specific terms and conditions.
- No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize or any part of the prize (to an alternative prize or part of the prize of equal or greater value) if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control make it necessary. If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and the Promoter will be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
- The Promoter may refuse to provide a prize, or may seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under the Terms and Conditions or an entrant's breach of the Terms and Conditions, fraud or dishonesty, including but not limited to the unlawful use of technology when entering the Promotion.
- The Promoter will be responsible for any tax implications related to the prizes.
- Winner Selection and Contact
- The specific terms and conditions above detail the selection criteria on which the winning entry will be selected.
- The winner will be contacted within 5 business days as from the selection date, as indicated above. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, entrants agree to be contacted by the Promoter in the manner deemed most suitable by the Promoter. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within 14 days or if they fail to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements or are otherwise unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoter as provided under these Terms and Conditions and with all relevant English laws, rules and regulations. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or foreclose the Promotion with or without notice where it becomes necessary to do so.
In relation to all competitions and/or prize draws promoted by the Promoter:
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter, its employees or agents' negligence or for fraud which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter will not be liable to reimburse any cost or expenses incurred in making a competition or prize draw entry.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries, when these failures do not result from breach of its legal or contractual obligations.
- The entrants’ personal data is stored for the duration of the Promotion or for the duration necessary to the delivery of the prize(s).
- Any entrant has the right to access his or her personal data, to request from the data controller rectification or erasure of his or her personal data or restriction of processing concerning his or her data or to object the processing, as well as the right to data portability. Entrants also have the right to provide guidance regarding the management of their personal data after their death. To exercise these rights, participants can contact the Promoter at email@example.com
- Entrants also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/) should they deem that the Promoter does not comply with applicable laws or regulations on personal data.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network.
Any Promotions and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales, unless the entrant to a competition or prize draw is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case they may choose the law of their residence.
The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, unless the entrant to a competition or prize draw is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case they may choose the courts of their residence.