Product Developer/Project Manager
PopSockets is looking for a seasoned product developer to manage its product creation initiatives. As the Product Developer, you are an integral member of the PopSockets team as you execute the development and commercialization of current and future products from initial concept through final production. Emphasis is placed on working with the Design, Merchandising and Operations teams to deliver the product line in compliance with given timelines, quality standards and functionality with the greatest profit margin possible. The Product Developer will continually strive to improve PopSocket’s products and the entire product creation process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development & commercialization of products to meet time, quality & margin objectives.
- Create, establish and adhere to a comprehensive master calendar and development process.
- Knowledge of product sourcing and development with proven accomplishment in successfully managing product margins, factory lead-times, quality control and assurance standards and social compliance.
- Provide input to the product creation process to improve development efficiencies, costing and production
- Collaborate with the Design and Merchandising teams to understand seasonal direction/design concepts, target consumers, business plan goals, target margins and fit direction for a specific product category
- Lead an effective development review and pre-cost process to ensure target cost requirements.
- Establish and lead a product quality assurance and control process to ensure product integrity and quality in raw materials, prototyping, production and final delivery
- Maintain clear, timely and effective communication with all employees and factory partners reviewing progress and resolving issues
- Hold a weekly meeting to provide accurate and detailed, up to date, progress reports on all projects
- Maintain accurate and current files on all assigned models currently being developed or produced
- Utilize innovative and creative problem solving techniques in accomplishing specific design elements
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of product development experience with demonstrable results
- A proven track record in successfully managing the development process.
- Knowledge of the development process from concept through production.
- Detail and process oriented, able to analyze current processes, define and implement improvement.
- Proven initiative & problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, and often fast-changing environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Office and Adobe applications
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications associated with this position.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com