Sr. Industrial Designer
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. The PopSockets San Francisco is office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Sr. Industrial Designer at PopSockets can independently drive his or her own projects while also helping to guide the rest of the ID staff. This individual also promotes cross-pollination between the various teams within our Design & Development department to ensure that all disciplines are heading along the same vector. The goal is to help define our design language and product DNA, while pushing us to innovate and expand into new categories. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Design and develop products from concepts through the prototyping and testing phases, into 3D models, and ultimately to production
- Drive our growth into new product categories through competitive landscaping and user research
- Collaborate with the Software team to develop cohesive experiences that link our physical and digital products
- Coordinate with our CMF team to make sure every design detail is considered
- Work with our manufacturing partners to ensure our designs become realities
- Lead staff-level Industrial Designers through their projects, help develop their toolboxes, and drive group brainstorms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on industrial design experience, preferably with high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Experience as a lead of a team or on long-term projects
- Proficiency with CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred), Keyshot, and Adobe CS
- Strong sensitivity to form detail and surfacing
- Experience with different materials and manufacturing processes
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Desire to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Sr. Industrial Designer - Your Name”.